Shawn A. Judy
Broker/Owner, Realtor®, GRI, CAM
Hello and welcome! I am the Broker/Owner of Florida Sun & Sand Realty, a small property management company in Venice, Florida. I am a Florida native, originally from Anna Maria Island, just a few beaches North of here. I moved to Venice when I was 11 and never left. After graduating from Venice High, I went into court reporting, had 2 children and bought my first house for $56,000 (25 years ago). When I sold that house about a year later for $71,000, I knew at that moment that the real estate business was for me. So, I went to work for Re/Max.
Before I knew it, I was the owner of a multi-office brokerage with 16 agents under my wing. It was a lot of work and I loved every minute of it! But, all good things must come to an end. When the market slowed in 2008 and most of my agents had to find work in other fields, I decided to pare down to a team of 3....me, myself and I. Today, I work from home (well, really my car) and focus strictly on property management. I employ a full time handyman and have a wonderful team of professionals that help me take excellent care of the properties that I manage. I would be nowhere without them, they are the key!
I purposely keep my business small and personal, focusing strictly on what my team and I can handle. For this reason, I am only accepting annual rentals at this time. Although I do handle vacation rentals, I am currently at maximum capacity due to the time they take.
Having a great relationship with my customers (owners and tenants) is very important to me. If you're an owner thinking of renting your property or need help with a current rental, call me. I can help as much or as little as you need. I have everything from a simple rent collection plan to a full service management plan.
Thanks for visiting and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Credentials and Achievements
- Graduate, Venice High School
- Attended Sarasota County Technical Institute
- Attended State College of Florida
- Graduate, Realtor® Institute (GRI Designation)
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Salesperson 1994-2001
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker Since 2001
- Licensed Florida Community Association Manager Since 2008
- Present Member Venice Area Board of Realtors®
- Present Member Florida Association of Realtors®
- Present Member National Association of Realtors®
- Venice Area Board of Realtors® President's Award Recipient 2008